Skip to main content

Madness Comes in All Shapes and Sizes

I went paint-balling this week... LET ME TELL YOU! I was TERRIFIED!


The first round I just hide hoping not to get hit, then as I became a little more confident I began shooting a couple people and moving around a bit more.
Then pretty soon, I was running and planning ways to win and then BAM! I got hit right in my rib cage and it knocked the wind right out of me, I had to surrender and walk back to my base.
Next round, I was still doing everything, just more careful not to allow anyone to sneak up behind me and shoot me, because it really really hurts. By the end of the night I was tired and a little beat, but I walked out with a smile on my face and my head held high.

Life is like this sometimes.. Don't you think? 




We are scared to do something, and therefore we hide, or we keep in our comfort zone in fear of the unknown, hoping that no one will find us.
But sooner or later we have to emerge and fight for something. As we do this we begin to warm up to an idea, a person, a place, and strive to be more active in that area or friendship. Sometimes it hurts, and leaves us breathless, but no matter what we learn to over come and fight.
Hopefully at the end of the day, if played correctly, we walk out with our head held high and a smile on our face.

MORAL OF THE STORY: 
Don't let too many rounds pass you by before you begin to let yourself go, try new things, and just have fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons From Environmental Issues: State Shift

I've been taking this Bio class called environmental issues, and to put it lightly, there's not a whole lot that I like about it. However I found something useful this week, maybe something that touched me more than it should have. There are different types of changes in the environment. For example: Resilience :  is the ability for the environment to bounce back after something drastic happens. Like a tornado, or a hurricane. Let's put this into people's lives, this is like a break up, or the ending of a friendship. It hurts, it even devastates you but give it time, all things will go back to it's natural state. However long that takes, it will heal. You will heal. Then.. There's a change called a state shift . This is uncommon in the environment, because of it's tragic and lasting effects. A state shift means no matter how hard the environment tries, it will never be how it was before, it's changed and can't be reversed. Now let's ...

Through the Fall Out

The title? I thought it was better than "Happy Mother's Day" or "My Mom is Better Than Your Mom" or anything like that. I was listening to this song on the way home, and thought it touched on the topic perfectly. Through the fall out. In life there are so many fall outs, times when we feel we are free falling alone, and helpless. Well, there are people who encourage us and help direct us onto a soft landing, hopefully. Here are mine. First, my mother. She gave birth to me like every one else's mother. She raised me, sang to me, cuddled me, and comforted me. But most importantly she taught me to think for myself, and be my own person. (As I grew up and was finding that person it was not always the easiest journey.) But she stuck it out. She showed me how to go on when your life falls apart on you, and how to pick others up when they are down. She taught me of service, and giving service instead of gifts. She gave me my "I'm not really overly a...

A Few Sunny Days

What can I say? Not very much. All I know, is every once in a while when I find myself down, bummed, or even pissed, that no matter what I have the best friends that back me up. Help me stand, and teach me to fight again. I don't give them enough credit for all they go through with me. Whether it be listening to me vent, dealing with my heartless-ness, having me bark outside their window. Pretending to be a clingy girl friend, or just putting up with the daily smart ass comments I make. They are always there. This last weekend I had so many glorious times, and it's even better because it's lovely fall weather out there. So here are my friends. Desirae. Man, this girl has been with me since the beginning. Even though she's married now, she still takes time to be wonderful to me. ( we took a TON of pictures this weekend. ) Then there's Amanda. She's just grand. She hasn't been in my life for the longest, but man has she made a difference for me...