Skip to main content

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

       This past week I've been worried teaching high school students.
Mainly because in high school I didn't treat people the way I should have. I belittled, disrespected, and sometimes bullied. I laughed at others expense, because I thought it made me a better person. In high school I had the friends, support, and crowd that surrounded me to make me feel better about my choices. But everyone graduates, and everyone grows up.
These are not moments that I am proud of, but I have used the past 3 years to change, and make up for it. At least I am trying.


     Treat others the way that you would want to be treated. There is a reason it's called the golden rule. That is because it is worth so much value, and yet rarely found.
Can you imagine what this world would be like if those who belittled kept silent.
Or those who laugh at someone else's expense, chose to find real humour that didn't hurt someone.
What about those bullies? If they just kept their hands, and mouths to themselves.
Imagine what this world would be like.
Peaceful.
Happy.
Filled with love.

I'm not perfect at this. I still lose my temper, I swear, and sometimes get upset and vent. But that doesn't change the fact that I try. I try to separate myself from who I was in high school.

It doesn't make me a better person to put someone else down. 
Calling someone fat doesn't make me skinnier.
Saying someone is stupid, doesn't make me smarter. 

These actions, though the popular route, are not the way that this life is meant to be lived. 
It's not nice. 
It doesn't help anyone. 
It's most certainly not Christ like. 

Those who are reading this: 
I promise you, that hurting others, does not lift yourself up. You will regret it. It will hurt, and haunt you. Take this Christmas season to make the change. Even if just a little one.

This world needs less bullies and more beloved. Less trash and more treasure.

You can make the difference in someone's life, if you allow yourself to be the bigger person.

Source. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons From Environmental Issues: State Shift

I've been taking this Bio class called environmental issues, and to put it lightly, there's not a whole lot that I like about it. However I found something useful this week, maybe something that touched me more than it should have. There are different types of changes in the environment. For example: Resilience :  is the ability for the environment to bounce back after something drastic happens. Like a tornado, or a hurricane. Let's put this into people's lives, this is like a break up, or the ending of a friendship. It hurts, it even devastates you but give it time, all things will go back to it's natural state. However long that takes, it will heal. You will heal. Then.. There's a change called a state shift . This is uncommon in the environment, because of it's tragic and lasting effects. A state shift means no matter how hard the environment tries, it will never be how it was before, it's changed and can't be reversed. Now let's ...

Through the Fall Out

The title? I thought it was better than "Happy Mother's Day" or "My Mom is Better Than Your Mom" or anything like that. I was listening to this song on the way home, and thought it touched on the topic perfectly. Through the fall out. In life there are so many fall outs, times when we feel we are free falling alone, and helpless. Well, there are people who encourage us and help direct us onto a soft landing, hopefully. Here are mine. First, my mother. She gave birth to me like every one else's mother. She raised me, sang to me, cuddled me, and comforted me. But most importantly she taught me to think for myself, and be my own person. (As I grew up and was finding that person it was not always the easiest journey.) But she stuck it out. She showed me how to go on when your life falls apart on you, and how to pick others up when they are down. She taught me of service, and giving service instead of gifts. She gave me my "I'm not really overly a...

A Few Sunny Days

What can I say? Not very much. All I know, is every once in a while when I find myself down, bummed, or even pissed, that no matter what I have the best friends that back me up. Help me stand, and teach me to fight again. I don't give them enough credit for all they go through with me. Whether it be listening to me vent, dealing with my heartless-ness, having me bark outside their window. Pretending to be a clingy girl friend, or just putting up with the daily smart ass comments I make. They are always there. This last weekend I had so many glorious times, and it's even better because it's lovely fall weather out there. So here are my friends. Desirae. Man, this girl has been with me since the beginning. Even though she's married now, she still takes time to be wonderful to me. ( we took a TON of pictures this weekend. ) Then there's Amanda. She's just grand. She hasn't been in my life for the longest, but man has she made a difference for me...